A blockbuster fine leveled by the Justice Department is unlikely to hurt Pfizer’s blockbuster prescription drug business.
New Snow Leopard imagery for Apple’s new operating system is spurring people to act on behalf of the real cats.
1. Lund’s and Byerly’s entered into a partnership with the Double R Ranch to provide premium beef for its retail grocery stores, taking advantage of building its footprint in a rapidly growing segment.
2. However, it can be hard to distinguish the Lund’s and Byerly’s effort from similar efforts at other major grocery chains, where the “partnership” is more marketing creation than physical reality.
3. In the long-term, however, an authentic branding position has better staying power than a simply imaginary one.
1. There is little doubt the “Cash for Clunkers” generated intense activity and excitement, running out of money in the space of one week.
2. However, the real-dollar impact on the auto industry (or on any other tangible measure you like) of the program is modest at best.
3. The true impact is psychological, working quite efficiently to change the public outlook.
1. When the shop is slow, Jiffy Lube technicians take the opportunity to drive impulse decisions from passing motorists using direct monetary incentives.
2. The immediacy of the technique makes it quite smart for the chain; Jiffy Lube has reasons for its customers not to think too hard about their decision.
3. While smart, the idea is easily imitated. Jiffy Lube might be wise to consider spicing up the incentives to drive business and boost its brand.
Author: Jason Voiovich Ecra Creative Group I am not sure who exactly at Dr. Pepper headquarters thought this was a good idea. The oddly-flavored soft drink peddler decided to give everyone in the United States a free Dr. Pepper on one condition: The venerable Guns N’ Roses needed to release their 17-year-belated studio album – [...]